These Vessels came from my desire to create a cover for a mason jars that protects the jars from breaking or clanging together while sailing on my boat.

As I discovered the different geometries in the patterns of the weavings, I became interested in the intention of use of the vessels based on the meanings in Sacred Geometry

Together with the rich history of knot tying in sailing and the mysticism inherent in sailing lore through the practice of sailing the globe and navigating by the stars, these vessels will carry you on your travels.

Mason Jars are practical, recyclable, and re-useable and can provide an alternative to paper, plastic and styrofoam cups.

Mason Jars and the Masonic traditions from which their name is shared, honor the wisdom of Sacred Geometry as the building block for meaning in architecture and design

Tuesday

bottop

A bottle is one of the most useful (and re-use- full) items I can think of. . . I have been experimenting with a cover for a bottle, but no design has worked, so far. . . The tension just doesn't hold in the neck ( ironic I know). Until now.
Pictured here is what I am calling a bottop. I make it by making the top in the same way I make the bottom. . .






A little about the above picture:
The bottle is repurposed from a Bulleit whiskey bottle, behind it , anchored in the bay is my sailboat named Bullitt. Bullitt is literally the "ship in the bottle"; the  cover for the bottle is divided into several horizontal layers as is the landscape behind the bottle:  the bottom (layer) is an 8 pointed star which is resting on the wooden rail in the bottom of the photo, the 8 pointed star is the symbol for Lakshmi the Hindu goddess of luck and prosperity and is symbolic of my inherent trust in the sea to bring me luck and prosperity, in sailing lore it is known that to knock on wood is to guarantee good fortune; the matrix of the bottle on the bottom 2/3 framed the bay in the background which represents the 2/3 of the surface of the globe that is the ocean; the top part of the bottle is woven with 7 strands which is symbolic of the relationship between heaven and earth, so the upper 1/3 of the bottle covers the earth in the photo; the midriff of the bottle is lined up with the shoreline which is symbolic of the horizon  like the line on your body it runs through the heart chakra and it provides the link between your visible world and the limitless possibilities which lie just beyond; the top of the bottle frames the sky, it is light and of the air in contrast to the bottom which is grounded in the darkness of the base; and the ellipse of the bottles mouth is at the same level as the moon which is in the sky on the right. The moon as it is present in the daylight is a reminder that she is always with us as our guide and guardian.  All that is described: the bottle, the boat, the Bay (the earth), the photo and the author (me) are vessels and we are all connected . . . we are all held together  in- tension.  our intention makes us vulnerable and strong, fragile and protected,  reliant and self-reliant,  and. . .  This whole composition is from the end of my walkway to the dock below my home on Lopez island and, for me, is my window to the world.
I have no concern for the whiskey that once filled the bottle, but, if it was shown, it would surely cloud the photo with a brownish color as if the bay had been a casualty of an oil spil, and, no, I haven't been drinking what was contained in the bottle. . .  I found it empty.  A whiskey bottle by itself has no soul. . .  Bulleit burbon is owned by Seagrams Co, the original owners have long since sold out, but I  think the bottle is a nice one to save . . .So, Ive given it a soul and a story!