These Vessels came from my desire to create a cover for a mason jars that protects the jars from breaking or clanging together while sailing on my boat.

As I discovered the different geometries in the patterns of the weavings, I became interested in the intention of use of the vessels based on the meanings in Sacred Geometry

Together with the rich history of knot tying in sailing and the mysticism inherent in sailing lore through the practice of sailing the globe and navigating by the stars, these vessels will carry you on your travels.

Mason Jars are practical, recyclable, and re-useable and can provide an alternative to paper, plastic and styrofoam cups.

Mason Jars and the Masonic traditions from which their name is shared, honor the wisdom of Sacred Geometry as the building block for meaning in architecture and design

Monday

Amanita Muscaria

I returned home from a trip to find this growing in my yard. . .

Since it is mushroom season and the A. Muscaria is one of the most celebrated mushrooms, I decided to make a vessel based on it. a-a-m-i-n-i-t-a-m-u-s-c-a-r-i-a.  That's 15 letters, each with a color assigned to it,  I was making the vessel and all kinds of things were popping into my head.  This is consistent with the lore of this mushroom:  It is definitely the inspiration of Alice's trip down the Rabbit Hole,  it is used in shamanic ceremonies throughout Europe  and it has lore stretching back to Christian times. . .  One source said it is the inspiration for the legend of Santa Claus!
Plugging the letters round and round into my head as I wove the vessel, I amuse myself yieldding these  similar words:

Santa Maria,  Isaac Martin (who was a mutineer on the SS Bounty). A Catamaran, Samurai Man,  Immarsat-C ( a marine forecasting service) and when you substitute the non repeating letters for the letter W (white), as i did in making the vessel, you get the anagram:
Worry Worry: 
 White-Orange-Red-Red-Yellow-White -Orange-Red-Red-Yellow

As I am aware mycologists use mason jars for inoculating spores,  this vessel might be appropriate for that use
For me, the meditation that occurred while making this vessel has given me some understanding of  the message this mushroom is giving me by growing in my presence.