These Vessels came from my desire to create a cover for a mason jars that protects the jars from breaking or clanging together while sailing on my boat.

As I discovered the different geometries in the patterns of the weavings, I became interested in the intention of use of the vessels based on the meanings in Sacred Geometry

Together with the rich history of knot tying in sailing and the mysticism inherent in sailing lore through the practice of sailing the globe and navigating by the stars, these vessels will carry you on your travels.

Mason Jars are practical, recyclable, and re-useable and can provide an alternative to paper, plastic and styrofoam cups.

Mason Jars and the Masonic traditions from which their name is shared, honor the wisdom of Sacred Geometry as the building block for meaning in architecture and design

Saturday

paint by numbers

clockwise
counter-clockwise






















In a vessel, an individual strand is a color, but, it is also a number.  This exercise attempts to assign numbers to the strands and resolve all the conjunctions numerically--rather than structurally.  The curious thing about Numerology is the practice involves only using the numbers between one and nine (1-9)  As two strands conjunct, a numerologist will add the values of each number together and if the sum  is greater than a single digit, she will again add the numbers together a second time to get a single number.  For example if strand number 4 is tied to strand number 7, the result will be 2.  (4+7=11;  and then 1+1=2)  Above are the results of resolving a seven stranded vessel both clockwise and counterclockwise.  I have given each conjunction a numerical value based upon the the rules of addition in numerology and then I have given each number a color based on the relative wavelength in the color spectrum.

Next, I will do the same exercise for a nine stranded vessel to see if the sequence resolves itself with a vessel with nine strands. . .

I think this is closer to what I expect for a vessel.  There is a hint of the diagonal as the number sequences remains true to the "numberness" of each strand  Next, I will plot a vessel with a quadratic rather than the numerological solution.
 ( In a previous post, I have shown the quadratic solutions for vessels.)
This one is way less interesting, but way more conclusive. . .I haven't even finished the whole sequence because the pattern is so evident.  I am not willing to say that numerology is bunk, but I definetly need your thoughts if there is something I am not "seeing"