These Vessels came from my desire to create a cover for a mason jars that protects the jars from breaking or clanging together while sailing on my boat.

As I discovered the different geometries in the patterns of the weavings, I became interested in the intention of use of the vessels based on the meanings in Sacred Geometry

Together with the rich history of knot tying in sailing and the mysticism inherent in sailing lore through the practice of sailing the globe and navigating by the stars, these vessels will carry you on your travels.

Mason Jars are practical, recyclable, and re-useable and can provide an alternative to paper, plastic and styrofoam cups.

Mason Jars and the Masonic traditions from which their name is shared, honor the wisdom of Sacred Geometry as the building block for meaning in architecture and design

Friday

Multi-mycelia of life

In color theory, all colors can be made of the three primary colors, red yellow and blue ( cyan magenta and yellow). The fourth choice for the westerly direction is green which is the secondary color derived from mixing yellow and blue.  Due to the fact the creator of the abysmal calendar has researched the differing cultural assignment of colors to the four cardinal directions, I find it interesting that this " choice " to overlay the geometry of threes- the primary colors with the geometry of fours- the cardinal directions.  The decision to use a secondary color to create a grouping of  four colors,  of which is a cultural norm,  is an interesting concept to ponder: if my writing discipline would allow, I might expostulate on all of the reasons this is significant and  contained herein this blog would follow many pages of tedious writing about all the reasons this is significant. . .instead, I choose to make this vessel!  But this discourse gives me the opportunity to explain to you, my dear reader, how it is that I can feel fully refreshed after creating this vessel-- which I also see as a meditation.  Structurally, the vessel allows me to tie an overhand knot representing one strand of thought concerning all the possibilities of overlaying color as it relates to the cardinal directions.  This is due to the geometry of the vessel as a body which is necessarily made up of the cardinal directions and the colors overplayed.  During the course of my meditation, it is possible to achieve a state of deep thought which is difficult to convey here on the written page.  Let me suffice to say,  the state of meditation makes it possible to converse in my mind data much faster rate and with more completeness than I can present here on this page. All of the strands of thought will eventually come together at the bottom of the vessel  and they will be tied together with a single strand in the shape of a star.   How simple.  
Metaphorically, I have overplayed every possible direction with every possible hue (color) in a complete experience at a rate of speed which is as faster as the mind can go. .. No wonder I can feel so good after conducting this exercise. But there is more to say then the occurrence of complex thought bringing about great satisfaction from meditation.  There is also the knowledge  gained.  Moreover, the colour green seems an apt choice for signifying the west.


No comments: