These Vessels came from my desire to create a cover for a mason jars that protects the jars from breaking or clanging together while sailing on my boat.

As I discovered the different geometries in the patterns of the weavings, I became interested in the intention of use of the vessels based on the meanings in Sacred Geometry

Together with the rich history of knot tying in sailing and the mysticism inherent in sailing lore through the practice of sailing the globe and navigating by the stars, these vessels will carry you on your travels.

Mason Jars are practical, recyclable, and re-useable and can provide an alternative to paper, plastic and styrofoam cups.

Mason Jars and the Masonic traditions from which their name is shared, honor the wisdom of Sacred Geometry as the building block for meaning in architecture and design

Monday

Review of Before the Flood

Leonardo DiCaprio is standing on a mountaintop.  I'm sure it has taken him a long time to get there, he says so in the documentary.  And, I know because I have climbed up there too.  It is hard to describe the view up here, but after seeing this film I will try another time.

It started for me a long time ago, it seems, hearing David Suzuki describe the plight of a culture of yeasts on the last day before all the sugar was gone. . .  Suzuki was relating a story that was originally told by Amory Lovins ( of the Rocky Mountain institute). So I decided to begin climbing:  at first it was just a few feet, I  read Diet for a New America by John Robbins and learned all the reasons to become a vegetarian; I put solar panels on my home and learned to distill the water that I drink; I cried when I read Collapse by Jared Diamond because it tells the story of what happens when you are complacent; and I did what I could to tell other people to climb with me.  Once one begins to climb this path, the view gets a lot clearer, but the worst part is that I began to see all of those who were not climbing up at all and I heard their voices saying, " what are you doing up there?"  I also heard them say, it must be nice to afford to climb so high.  It is true, there is a small number  who choose to ascend.  but I am writing this to let you know there is an awful lot of room up here and the view is really good!
I once showed my daughter how many people lived on the planet by making 600 sand castles on a beach with a grande Starbucks cup that holds 13 million grains of sand ( we estimated) it is not that hard to hold dominion over those cities.  Similarly, Bucky Fuller described how the population of the world would fit on the isle of  Manhattan at the density of a subway car.  Fullers motto, "to make the world work for 100% of humanity without ecological insult or to the detriment of anyone",  is  what I am trying to do up here on this mountaintop.  We have the knowledge to make this possible right now.  Fuller declared it was so ( he died in 1985) and it is more true today.  I'm writing this because it is what I know how to do.  DiCaprio, made a film, it is what he knows how to do.  I gave up my position, my money and my ambition to work when I decided to  move up here, so all I really have to offer is this writing.  What you can do is take somebody with you when you strive to keep your feet from getting wet in the coming years. Remembering we are all connected, so, you'll really be helping your higher self. Your reaction to the film or what I have to say might be equal and opposite ( as it would be in physics) that's ok too, even if you don't agree with what the film says ( or what I am saying) at least you can begin to understand why I'm up here with this view. . . And if you can see that!

No comments: