These Vessels came from my desire to create a cover for a mason jars that protects the jars from breaking or clanging together while sailing on my boat.

As I discovered the different geometries in the patterns of the weavings, I became interested in the intention of use of the vessels based on the meanings in Sacred Geometry

Together with the rich history of knot tying in sailing and the mysticism inherent in sailing lore through the practice of sailing the globe and navigating by the stars, these vessels will carry you on your travels.

Mason Jars are practical, recyclable, and re-useable and can provide an alternative to paper, plastic and styrofoam cups.

Mason Jars and the Masonic traditions from which their name is shared, honor the wisdom of Sacred Geometry as the building block for meaning in architecture and design

Saturday

12/22/12 Immortal Vessel

OK,  I am going to try to give you as much info about the following vessel that I can:

Today is the first day  after the end of the Mayan calendar!  I am calling it the end of the world plus one vessel.  Hence the Immortal Vessel

Since I am interested in numerology (especially as it relates to the date)  I got the inspiration to make this vessel.  I call it the 12/22/12 vessel. . . .  when I wrote the date in my journal, it looked like the slashes were ones (1) so I came up with the numerical sequence 12122112.  Following that pattern, and relishing the fact that the sequence adds up to 12!,  I selected strands for the colors that follow the sequence.  Hence, two strands of blue, sisal, red and black and one strand of purple/pink, red pink and pink/purple.  This all came to me (I wish) at 11:12 this morning, but I didn't check the time. . .  (it is 11:50 as I write this )
The tide is high,  and here is the position of the planets in the sky

Im listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrS_w7YRCIE  It is partly cloudy here on Mud Bay (not raining)  and the temp outside is about 40 Deg F.   My son Ollie is visiting.
If this means anything to you. . .  then this vessel is for you!  Since it is made of the flower of life pattern, it will support any intention you might have. . .   Only YOU know what that intention is.
It is for sale on etsy.com on my vessel of intention store.  Here is a pic of the vessel at its  (re)birth