These Vessels came from my desire to create a cover for a mason jars that protects the jars from breaking or clanging together while sailing on my boat.

As I discovered the different geometries in the patterns of the weavings, I became interested in the intention of use of the vessels based on the meanings in Sacred Geometry

Together with the rich history of knot tying in sailing and the mysticism inherent in sailing lore through the practice of sailing the globe and navigating by the stars, these vessels will carry you on your travels.

Mason Jars are practical, recyclable, and re-useable and can provide an alternative to paper, plastic and styrofoam cups.

Mason Jars and the Masonic traditions from which their name is shared, honor the wisdom of Sacred Geometry as the building block for meaning in architecture and design

Wednesday

Hypotrochoid Christmas

Imagine this: I got a toy that makes circular geometrical patterns for Christmas!

Hypotrochoid 


  1. (geometry) A geometric curve traced by a fixed point on the radius line outside one circle which rotates inside the perimeter of another circle.

[edit]


Vessel of intention are three dimensional  hypotrochoids .  The mason jar serves as the fixed circle and the strand traces around the circle via the radius defined by the knots.  The role of sacred geometry is our awareness is that the seemingly unlimited different patterns we can create are defined by a few simple constraints:  if everything in our universe is made up of interference patterns created by waves,  the determining factor of everything can be stated by the simple task of defining the frequency of the waves and the direction.  Sacred geometry classifies these interference patterns into a few basic structures.  If you follow this, you can see how I believe there is a possibility that the liquid in my vessels is organized by the pattern of the weaving.  And,  all you have to do is find out how these patterns have come to have meaning--universally without adherence to culture. 

 Within these pages are some explanations of the meanings behind these sacred geometries.  If you happen to disagree with me, that's OK.  I am not trying to dwell in rational explanations anyway.  Some people are just drawn to a certain vessel; this is a better explanation than I could ever come up with to use it.
Perhaps my explanations of the meaning of the sacred geometry has more to do with my process in creating the different designs.  Giving these geometries a category helps me see what I've left out.  And, what's left out is more obvious than what's there anyway.