These Vessels came from my desire to create a cover for a mason jars that protects the jars from breaking or clanging together while sailing on my boat.

As I discovered the different geometries in the patterns of the weavings, I became interested in the intention of use of the vessels based on the meanings in Sacred Geometry

Together with the rich history of knot tying in sailing and the mysticism inherent in sailing lore through the practice of sailing the globe and navigating by the stars, these vessels will carry you on your travels.

Mason Jars are practical, recyclable, and re-useable and can provide an alternative to paper, plastic and styrofoam cups.

Mason Jars and the Masonic traditions from which their name is shared, honor the wisdom of Sacred Geometry as the building block for meaning in architecture and design

Thursday

Miracle Whip --made by kraft

If you read this blog before, you will know that I'm into recycling.  I volunteer at the recycling center, my sailing lifestyle requires that I conserve resources by recycling, and I am passionate about the need to recycle in order to make my life sustainable.  This old jar is recycled.  But, not only am I recycling the jar, I am seeking to recycle the label.  And, if you are inclined to believe big corporations are hiding secret meanings in the very products they sell us, as Masons did, then, you will see how I am attempting to convert the meaning of the label for my intended purposes.   Yes, the contents of this vessel will now contain a "Miracle Whip":  it is miraculous because the Fibonacci pattern I am using to weave the pattern in this vessel is used in nature as the basis for the replication of life itself.  It is a "whip" because whip is also a term used in sailing as a knot which is used to hold all of the strands together.  This vessel is literally a whip of strands intended to conjure the miracle of growth. . .  Made by kraft, as in "arts and kraft"
On the border of the logo are the waves of the ocean as if the label has been whipped by the wind as it sweeps over the water; there is mystery in what the ocean sweeps about and there is mystery in the ingredients of miracle whip. . . My intention is that I will spread more than what was spread by the contents of this jar (it will not be spread on Toast)